[3dem] Carbon coater

Joaquin Ortega ortegaj at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 4 18:47:29 PDT 2012

Dear Guy,

We bought the Cresington 208C carbon evaporator about a year ago.

http://www.cressington.com/product_208c.html

We are quite happy with the system. It is reliable and easy to operate. We also bought the thickness monitor although we do not find it very useful. We often trust better our traditional method of folding a piece of filter paper to cash a white shadow that does not get cover by carbon.

The glow discharge accessory is pretty convenient, fast and easy to use. If budget allows I would recommend to purchase the system with the dry vacuum pumping system comprised of the turbo pump and a Dry Scroll Pump. It will make your system completely oil free and will prevent oil mist contaminations of your grids.

Best regards,

Joaquin

Joaquin Ortega. Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences
Michael G. DeGroote Institute for Infectious Disease Research
McMaster University, HSC 4H24
Hamilton. ON Canada L8S 4K1
905-525 9140 x22703.
http://db.tt/uThr8iZa