[3dem] About Gatan cryo-blades and cryo-electron tomography

David Méndez Martín dmendez at bionand.es
Tue Jan 10 01:00:15 PST 2012

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Our objective Lens are the Twin, cryoblades are TAC100 and the cryo-holder
is Gatan 626/70.

We have been told by our local service engineering that it should tilt a
maximum on ±30° with the blades in the inner position and ±40° in the
intermediate position. It sounds strange to us (but we have no previous
experience with cryo-tomo). Adjusting the blades to his best, he could get
+29° -25° with the blades in the inner position and +39° - 35° in the
intermediate

David

www.bionand.es