[3dem] fiducial markers for cryoTEM

Frank Polzer frank.polzer at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 22 03:49:29 PST 2012

Dear all,

Does anyone know a good alternative for fiducial markers if gold fiducials
(e.g., Aurion™ Gold Sol, 10 nm) heavily adsorbs to the sample. In this case,
I have synthetic block-co-polymer micelles (in water) which exhibits a
quaternized 2-vinylpyridine groups, so that the gold fiducial markers are
strongly correlated within the micellar structure (I expect due to the
positive charge of the quaternized 2-vinylpyridine) and almost no gold
nanoparticles can be found apart from the sample within the vitreous film.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Frank

Frank Polzer