[3dem] how to run EMAN2 via command line

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Thu Feb 2 10:02:19 PST 2012

Hi Hui. Let me start by pointing out that there is an EMAN2 Google Group (mailing list), which is
probably more appropriate:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/eman2

also, the EMAN2 documentation Wiki can answer many questions:

http://blake.bcm.edu/emanwiki/EMAN2

Assuming you followed the installation instructions, you should be able to open a terminal window and
run EMAN2 commands directly, such as:

e2version.py
e2speedtest.py

If simple commands like these don't work, we'll need to know what type of machine and OS version you're using
before we can help more. If those commands do work, then you're having some other problem, and we'll need
to see the specific error to figure it out.

Regardless, I'd suggest moving the discussion to the Google Group or you can just email me directly.

cheers

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging        (ncmi.bcm.edu)
Co-Director CIBR Center                          (www.bcm.edu/research/cibr)
Dept of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.                    (www.bcm.edu/biochem)
Baylor College of Medicine
sludtke at bcm.edu