[3dem] Quantifoil grids

Sarah Shahmoradian shs2284 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:13:14 PST 2012

Dear Dr. Rouiller,

Have you tried washing the grids with acetone?

1) Put filter paper in the bottom of a petri dish
2) Add desired # of grids on top
3) Pour a generous amount of acetone to completely cover the grids
4) Cover petri dish and leave overnight
5) Remove all acetone and wash grids 2x with de-ionized water (gently
agitate dish while washing)
6) Remove grids and put them on a new, dry filter paper in another petri
dish
7) Leave under fume hood to dry

*You could also wash with ethyl alcohol (gently agitate the dish for 10sec)
prior to washing 2x with dH2O.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Sarah

Sarah Shahmoradian

Dept. Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
Lab of Wah Chiu
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX 77030