[3dem] Help running ccderase

Manikandan KARUPPASAMY mkaruppa at embl.fr
Mon Dec 3 02:06:42 PST 2012

Hi,

There are some bad pixels areas in the images collected at 100 kV.
I would like to replace those pixels by the average value of the
neighboring pixels in the image. I tried running the program 'ccderase'
of IMOD and could not succeed.
I made the boundary model in IMOD (please see the attachment,
imod_mod.jpg) and run the program as follows.

$ccderase -model badpixels.mod -boundary input.mrc corr_input.mrc

The program did not change the pixel values to the average value of the
neighboring pixels.

The ctf correction of the raw image shows spurious rings around these
pixels that hinders particle picking.

Please help me to run ccderase and let me know about any other program
which can replace those pixel values.

with kind regards

Mani.