[3dem] postdoc positions

John Briggs briggs at embl.de
Mon Aug 27 10:40:55 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Below is a reminder about the EMBL interdisciplinary postdoc scheme with an application deadline of September 13th.

Thanks and best wishes,

John

-------

Postdoc positions in electron microscopy are available at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) as part of the EMBL interdisciplinary postdoc scheme. Positions are generously funded for 3 years, with a possibility of extension up to five years. EMBL is an exciting, international, dynamic place to work. It is equipped with a state of the art electron microscopy facility including Titan Krios, Polara and F30 microscopes.

All interdisciplinary postdoc projects involve collaboration between two research groups at EMBL. Candidates can design their own project after discussion with EMBL scientists, or can select from predefined project ideas which this year include: "High-throughput electron microscopy for systems biology" (Coordinated by John Briggs, together with Anne-Claude Gavin and Nassos Typas) and "Correlative super resolution fluorescence and electron microscopy" (Coordinated by Jonas Ries, together with John Briggs).

Further details about the postdoc scheme are available here: http://www.embl.de/training/postdocs/08-eipod/index.html

Further details about my group are available here: http://www.embl.de/research/units/scb/briggs/index.html

Please contact me if you would like to discuss either of these predefined projects. If you would like to put together a self-designed project involving cryo-EM/tomography and 3D reconstruction or correlative microscopy, then please also contact me. Such a project could be based in my group, or alternatively Carsten Sachse's group.

Thanks and best wishes,

John Briggs

briggs at embl.de
Tel. +49 6221 387 8482