[3dem] PyTom

Friedrich Foerster frido at salilab.org
Fri Aug 10 15:24:40 PDT 2012

dear colleagues,

i wanted to draw your attention to PyTom, our python approach to
tomogram processing. pros of our package are that it uses parallel
processing, scripting in python is easy, and web-based GUIs exist for the
most-common tasks (particle identification, subtomogram averaging, and
subtomogram classification; more info: Hrabe T, et al. (2012) PyTom: a
python-based toolbox for localization of macromolecules in
cryo-electron tomograms and subtomogram analysis. J. Struct. Biol.
178(2):177-188). Moreover, the package contains a hopefully useful
tutorial in html format and test data is available for download.

Download:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pytom/

General Information:
http://www.biochem.mpg.de/en/rg/foerster/Content_Software/PyTom/index.html