[3dem] Summary: Software for Nikon Super Cool Scan

Greg Alushin galushin at berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 24 23:49:49 PDT 2011

Thank you very much to everyone who responded to my inquiry.  It
sounds like both VueScan and Silverfast are viable substitutes for
NikonScan (which also has versions that run on XP or Windows 7).  We
managed to resuscitate our mac with a graphics card infusion, so
things have returned to normal.

Denis Chrétien also had a useful tip on where to pick up anti-Newton
glass plates for use with Nikon's FH869 holder:

https://linux19.domainnameservers.net/~fpoint5/store/agora.cgi?
cart_id=1644208.6378*9x0Ph8&product=SCANNER_GLASS

Cheers, and happy scanning.

-Greg Alushin
Nogales Lab
UC Berkeley