[3dem] Software for Nikon Super Cool Scan

galushin at berkeley.edu galushin at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:53:33 PDT 2011

Hello all-

Unfortunately the PowerPC mac running our Nikon Super Cool
Scan 9000 ED finally kicked the bucket, and we were disappointed to see
that the Nikon Scan software is not supported for Intel macs and recent
OSes. We were wondering if anyone has experience using other software to
get high-quality scans of micrographs, like VueScan, SilverFast, or Capture
NX2, or if it is preferable to dig up an old PowerPC mac from somewhere.

Thanks!

-Greg Alushin

Nogales Lab

UC Berkeley