[3dem] software for automated segmentation of actin filament networks

rigort at biochem.mpg.de rigort at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Nov 17 02:22:09 PST 2011

Dear colleagues,
3DEM community,

To those of you interested in automated segmentation of actin filaments in
cryo-electron tomograms, there is a new software tool entering the pool of
available programs:

In collaboration with the Zuse-Institute Berlin we have released a software
based on Amira5.4 for segmenting actin filament networks. Our method &
approach is published in:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1047847711002516

If you want to give it a trial, please visit the software download page:

http://www.zib.de/en/visual/software/CryoEM.html

On this website you will find information about system requirements and
supported operating systems. After registration, you will receive a mail with
the download links and instructions for installation.

There are also tutorial files available on the website demonstrating
how to use the software.

We hope that the actin segmentation software will be useful to the
community and welcome any feedback you may have.

With best regards,

Alex Rigort and Daniel Baum

--

Dr. Alexander Rigort