[3dem] In the mood for some LEGO DNA to celebrate PDB40?

Gerard DVD Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Nov 15 10:52:15 PST 2011

Hi all,

I came across this YouTube clip the other day that is well worth 3 1/2 minutes
of your time:

         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhs1YO5nqXA

It was made by Tommy Christensen and shows how he built a model of DNA out of
LEGO bricks (of PDB entry 2DAU, to be precise) to celebrate the 40th
anniversary of the PDB. The clip also has educational value, explaining some of
the basics of DNA structure and more. And all this to the tunes of my favourite
big band (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047030/).

Check it out!

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
gerard at ebi.ac.uk ..................... pdbe.org
Secretary: Pauline Haslam  pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk