[3dem] C-flats

Sacha De Carlo sachadecarlo at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 13:10:24 PDT 2011

Hi Thorsten,

same here with CF-2/4 and Gatan Cp3 plunger. It worked fine ONLY when skipping the glow-discharge. Even a gentle treatment with the Gatan plasma cleaner, for only 5-10 seconds, would break the C-foil completely.

I had Protochips replace all remaining sealed boxes (more than 30) with a slightly thicker carbon, and had no problems since.  Protochips people were very fast in their turn around and replaced all the boxes at no additional cost.

Best of luck,
Sacha

Sacha De Carlo