[3dem] Position available: Technical Marketing Engineer at Direct
Electron, LP - San Diego, CA
ljin at directelectron.com
Mon Jun 27 20:54:55 PDT 2011
Our company, Direct Electron, LP, is currently seeking a technical
marketing engineer to support our fast growing business of providing
best performing TEM cameras. Please submit your resume/CV to me directly
or *if you happen to be at the GRC this week, please find me in person. *
If you know people that might be interested in this position, please do
not hesitate to forward this e-mail. Your effort is greatly appreciated.
Direct Electron, LP is a manufacturer of premium performance detectors
for TEM. A pioneer in the development of direct electron detectors, the
company offers core products using the award-winning DDD sensor
technology for life science 3DEM applications, and offers premium
fiber-coupled or lens-coupled CCDs for materials science applications.
The technical marketing engineer is responsible for providing technical
expertise in the support of marketing efforts. As an essential part of
the marketing efforts, a successful marketing engineer will establish
and maintain customer relationship on technical matters, train new users
and give technical talks, plan and support product demonstration and
trade shows, develop successful customer use cases, and provide feedback
to further advance R&D efforts.
*Key responsibilities of the position include:*
* ·Product demonstration and user training;
* ·Market development: provide insights of customers and market
segments. Look for high-impact conferences and trade shows and
plan talks or product demonstrations.
* ·Competitive analysis: use competitive knowledge to establish
differentiating features of Direct Electron products;
* ·Customer engagement: transfer technical expertise to customers
through efficient user training and build customer loyalty;
* ·Problem solving: resolve technical issues and help customer
establish successful workflow;
* ·Feedback to R&D: deliver customer priorities and changing
marketing needs to guide future product development;
* ·Advanced university degree in a relevant scientific field is
required (i.e. Master's or PhD in Molecular or Cellular Biology,
Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Science).
* ·Must have ability and recent experience to operate TEM and
digital TEM cameras as an expert user.
* ·Experience with 3D EM techniques and methodologies.
* ·Experience with the full 3D EM workflow from sample preparation
to data processing.
* ·Strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to
effectively communicate with highly-technical customers.
* ·Interest and ability to understand new products and tools.
* ·Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally.
Dr. Liang Jin
Director of Research and Development
Direct Electron, LP (http://www.directelectron.com/)
13240 Evening Creek Drive S., Ste. 311
San Diego, CA 92128
Tel: (858) 384-0291 x104
Email: ljin at directelectron.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized designee, please contact admin at directelectron.com by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem