[3dem] tweezers for vitobot

Bob Grassucci rg2502 at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 21 12:48:00 PDT 2011

Hi Isabelle,
We brought a couple of unmounted tweezers to the machine shop and ground
them to fit the mount.  If you remove the old (I assume bent) tweezers
with you and the mount any competent machinist should be able to get it
to fit.  Even cheaper (if you are adventurous) is to buy a Dremel tool
with the appropriate bits and do it yourself.
Bob

On 7/21/2011 3:32 PM, Isabelle Rouiller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone had any luck with homemade tweezers for the vitrobot?
>
> We got a quote of 6,000 $ per tweezer from FEI. This is ridiculous
> since each tweezer without the mount cost 58 $.
>
> Any technical advise an how to mount  them?
>
> Thanks
>
> Isabelle
>
> Isabelle Rouiller, Ph.D.
>
> Assistant Professor, McGill University,
>
> Graduate Program Director,
>
> Dpt Anatomy and Cell Biology,
>
> Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building, Room 115
>
> 3640 University Street Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2
>
> Tel: 514-398-3244

Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Columbia University Medical Center
Black Building Room 2-221