[3dem] Registration open for NESBA symposium: Beyond the Lattice - a Renaissance in Structural Biology, Febuary 25, 2011 (fwd)

jinghua tang jinghuat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:36:23 PST 2011

Begin forwarded message:
     From: "NESBA" <info at nesba.net>
Date: January 6, 2011 11:52:22 AM EST
To: <info at nesba.net>
Subject: Registration open for NESBA symposium, Febuary 25, 2011

Dear All,
A Happy New Year to all the Structural Biology community. NESBA is happy to
announce
that registration is now open for Friday, February 25th, 2011 1-day meeting
at
Bentley University in Waltham, MA, entitled:

Beyond the Lattice:  a Renaissance in Structural Biology.

     This one-day symposium will discuss the power of "low resolution"
structural
     biology tools and the impact of these tools on the future of structural
     biology. It is also intended to promote interactions and collaboration
among
     industrial and academic groups. A preliminary agenda with talk titles
is available
     on the web-site: www.nesba.net

Steve Harrison will give an introduction and David DeRosier will provide
closing
remarks. The speakers include Niko Grigorieff, Debbie Kelly, Andres
Leschziner, Chris
Akey, Tim Baker, Daniela Nicastro, Fred Sigworth, John Tainer, Marcelo
Berardi, and
Xiaowei Zhuang.

     The meeting organizers are:

        * Jim Griffith, Vertex
        * John Diener, Novartis
        * Junhua Pan, Harvard Medical School

They have put together an exciting day of speakers focused on the resurgence
of
non-crystallographic structural biology techniques. Please visit
www.nesba.net for
the day's schedule and to register.

The fee for this one-day event will be $100 for people from industry and $75
for
those in academia. The fee will include breakfast, lunch and a mixer
session.

For sponsorship opportunities, please visit:
http://www.nesba.net/sponsorships.html

 If previous NESBA meetings are an indication we would urge you to register
early as we are strictly limited in the number of attendees.

 We are pleased to announce that poster applications are now open. Please
send your abstract to the organizers by February 11th. Those chosen will be
notified and their registration fees will be refunded.

 Some folk have been interested in transportation to Bentley, their website
has more information: http://about.bentley.edu/directions  If you would like
to participate in a NESBA sponsored shuttle to Bentley, please contact the
organizers by February 11th.

 We look forward to seeing you on February 25th!