[3dem] immuno 3D EM

Xu lxu2001 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 08:08:25 PST 2011

Dear 3dem community,

I'm trying to do the immuno 3D EM on Brain sections, I followed the Graham W
Knott's Protocol, the Immuno staining works for 3D EM, but the rest part,
the structures has less fixed and not good contrast. Till now the problem is
the good fix I got the less immuno staining we could have. I would get very
nice normal 3D EM but immuno 3D never goes perfect.   Therefore I would like
to ask you if you have any recommendation for it or experience on improve
the fixtive concentration about PFA and Glutaraldehyde?

Best regards,

Lesley Hsu