[3dem] Postdoc/PhD position in cryo-tomography in Switzerland

Ishikawa Takashi Takashi.Ishikawa at psi.ch
Wed Feb 16 01:08:24 PST 2011

A position for a post-doctoral fellow or a PhD student funded by Swiss National Science Foundation is available at Biomolecular Research Laboratory (BMR) of Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) in Villigen, Switzerland.

Our group is focusing on the structural studies of eukaryotic flagella/cilia and dynein motor proteins by electron cryo-tomography and microscopy. The aim of the project is to reveal the mechanism of flagellar/ciliary bending motion and dynein power stroke. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with good communication skills and a solid background in molecular and cellular biology and experience of structural biology and/or computation.

Our lab web page is http://lbr.web.psi.ch/TI/Ishikawa_group_site/index.html.

Paul Scherrer Institute is a federal institute located 30km west from Zurich, beside Swiss Light Source. Biomolecular Research Laboratory is a interdisciplinary environment with 50 scientists. We are tightly collaborating with EM center of ETH Zurich (EMEZ). Available EM facilities include Tecnai F20 FEG microscope with GIF, CM12, Vitrobot in EMEZ. A new 200kV FEG microscope with an energy filter will be installed in autumn in PSI.

Interested candidates should send CV and reference information to takashi.ishikawa at psi.ch.

Takashi Ishikawa
Senior Scientist
BMR, BIO