[3dem] American Society for Nanomedicine 3rd Annual Meeting

Lee G. Hornbrook lee at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:53:41 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings from the American Society for Nanomedicine (ASNM)!

With great enthusiasm, I invite you to attend the 3rd ASNM Annual
Meeting held on November 9 - 11 at the Universities at Shady Grove
Conference Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

This year ASNM has worked closely with the Cancer Imaging Program, NCI,
NIH, the result of which will be a dovetailed conference with a special
focus on nano-enabeled cancer diagnostics and therapies, and the synergy
of the combination of nano-improved imaging modalities and targeted
delivery. The program will also focus on updates on the newest FDA
guidelines, nanotoxicity, nanoparticle characterization,
nanoinformatics, nano-ontology, results of the latest translational
research and clinical trials in nanomedicine, and funding initiatives.

ASNM is a non-profit, open, democratic and transparent professional
society. It focuses on cutting-edge research in nanomedicine and moving
towards realizing the potential of nanomedicine for diagnosis,
treatment, and prevention of disease. We have seen nanotechnology
enabling and materializing novel approaches into effective
therapy/prevention in various unmet areas. The conference will afford a
unique opportunity to catalyze interactions between established and
young investigators. We would like to foster and facilitate the exchange
of ideas and collaborative efforts. We will emphasize the innovation and
practicality of the approaches for speedy translation.