[3dem] Re: CCD camera tests

R.B.G.Ravelli at lumc.nl R.B.G.Ravelli at lumc.nl
Sat Aug 20 02:05:25 PDT 2011

Dear Michael,

We characterised the performance of our TEM CCDs in terms of number of bad&hot pixels, MTF, DQE, conversion factor, etc, and made a matlab toolbox
available that could help others to obtain stats of their CCDs:

http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2010/01/00/ic5061/index.html

Regards,

Raimond Ravelli

Dear 3dem community,

Would anyone be willing to share their experience or advice on benchmarking the performance of a CCD camera?  We have in the past ~12 months upgraded our F30 microscope with a new CCD camera and I am specifically looking for advice on what people might recommend or are routinely using as a convenient way to evaluate "in-house" the performance of our upgraded system?  All suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Michael