[3dem] CCD camera tests

Benjamin Bammes bbammes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:25:56 PDT 2011

We have published several papers the practical performance of CCD cameras.
Typically we perform two types of tests.  First, we image carbon film under
a range of magnifications to evaluate the resolution and performance based
on the spectral SNR. Second, we perform a single-particle 3D reconstruction
of a well-known structure.

Please see our recent papers for more information:

Practical performance evaluation of a 10k×10k CCD for electron
cryo-microscopy. <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21619932>

*Bammes* BE, Rochat RH, Jakana J, Chiu W.

J Struct Biol. 2011 Sep;175(3):384-93. Epub 2011 May 17.
 PMID:  21619932  [PubMed - in process]

 Achievable resolution from images of biological specimens acquired from a
4k x 4k *CCD* camera in a 300-kV electron
cryomicroscope.<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18514542>

*Chen* DH, Jakana J, Liu X, Schmid MF, *Chiu* W.

J Struct Biol. 2008 Jul;163(1):45-52. Epub 2008 Apr 14.
 PMID:  18514542  [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free PMC
Article<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2504495/?tool=pubmed>

---
*Benjamin Bammes**
National Center for Macromolecular Imaging
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX 77030*