[3dem] Help on particles automatic boxing

Brian Gibbons brian.j.gibbons at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 12:13:55 PDT 2010

Dogpicker is another optiona, and Tiltpicker works well for tilt pairs.

http://code.google.com/p/appion/downloads/list

For cryo-EM, picking is easier if you take exposure pairs.  Take first
exposure close to focus with low dose (for processing) and second exposure
far from focus with higher dose to provide high contrast for picking. Pick
particles from the second, high contrast images and then apply the
coordinates (with adjustment for drift) to window your particles from the
first, low contrast images.  I use Spider to do this:

http://www.wadsworth.org/spider_doc/spider/docs/spider.html

Cheers!

Brian