[3dem] nikon coolscan film holder modification

Edward Morris Edward.Morris at icr.ac.uk
Tue May 4 10:31:06 PDT 2010

Dear Rachel

My understanding is that the 6cm limit arises from the size of the linear CCD detector in the scanner. So I don't think you can get extra width by modification of the negative holder. The length is not really limited by the holder and you may be able to scan further if the software allows. Our negatives, though, are mostly label beyond 8.5 cm. Hence for us there is not much data to be gained in this direction, unfortunately.

Best wishes

Ed

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Edward P. Morris
Team Leader in Structural Electron Microscopy
Section of Structural Biology
The Institute of Cancer Research
Chester Beatty Laboratories
237 Fulham Road
London SW3 6JB
UK

tel.   +44 (0)20 71535531
fax    +44 (0)20 71535457

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.