[3dem] microscope purchase

Sacha De Carlo sachadecarlo at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 10:48:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

please forgive me if I am not understanding you correctly, but ... usually the homework is done BEFORE buying the tool.

If you meant to say that you are considering the H-7650 but you have not committed to Hitachi yet, then the question is... what will the microscope be primarily used for?

Bio or material sciences? or both... ?
Since our institution is in the process of purchasing several EMs for two new science buildings, and since I have done quite a lot of research and testing on some "new" 120kV and other scopes, I'd be happy to share...

Best,
Sacha

Sacha De Carlo, Assistant Professor
Chemistry Department, Marshak Science Building &
New York Structural Biology Center
The City College of New York
Convent Ave & 138th Street
New York, NY 10031