[3dem] permanent researcher position in 3D cryo-EM in Paris

Slavica Jonic slavica.jonic at impmc.jussieu.fr
Wed Dec 1 07:12:31 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues:

We are searching for a candidate for a permanent researcher position in
3D cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) of macromolecular assemblies to
join our group. There is currently an opportunity at the French national
research center CNRS for candidates with an interdisciplinary profile
and the deadline for the CNRS on-line application is *January 6, 2011*.
The candidates experienced in the development of methods for image
analysis as well as French and non-French-speaking candidates are
strongly encouraged to apply.Please e-mail us as soon as possible if you
are interested in joining our group by applying for this opportunity. We
will select the candidate best matching the expected profile and will
help him/her to prepare the application for this opportunity. The
application of the selected candidate will be strongly supported by the
direction of our unity.

We are "Structure of Macromolecular Assemblies" group at the IMPMC
(Institut de Minéralogie et de Physique des Milieux Condensés) that is a
mixed unity composed of the personnel from the CNRS, the University
Pierre et Marie Curie -- Paris 6, and the University Denis Diderot-Paris
7. Our research activities include high-resolution structure
determination by single-particle cryo-EM and electron crystallography,
and development of new methodologies for single-particle image analysis.

Instrumentation includes a JEOL 200kV FEG (JEM-2100F) and a JEOL 200kV
LaB6 (JEM-2100) featuring cryo capabilities, energy filtration, STEM,
large 2K and 4K Gatan CCDs, two Digitizer Nikon Coolscan 8000 ED and
9000 ED, a film-handling robot for Nikon Digitizer, an automated
cryo-plunger with a controlled environment and an AMD Opteron cluster. A
ZEISS Ultra 55 FEG SEM and a ZEISS Neon 40Esb FEG FIB are also present
at our laboratory. The laboratory possess the equipment necessary for
expression and purification of soluble and membrane proteins.

We are currently working on Phosphorylase Kinase, a large macromolecular
complex involved in glycogenolysis and also on translation
pre-initiation complexes in collaboration with other experimental groups.
We have also strong interest in membrane protein structure such as
potassium channels. Our current research also involves development of
novel methodologies for 4D single-particle analysis by taking advantage
of conformational heterogeneity present in a sample.

You can e-mail us at (*slavica.jonic at impmc.upmc.fr*) or
(*catherine.venien at impmc.upmc.fr*) for further details.

Best wishes.

--
Dr Slavica JONIC, CR1 CNRS
Institut de Minéralogie et de Physique des Milieux Condensés (IMPMC)

Tel: +33 1 44 27 72 05
Fax: +33 1 44 27 37 85
E-mail: Slavica.Jonic at impmc.upmc.fr