[3dem] energy filters on FEI TF-20 (cryo)?

"Jürgen M. Plitzko" plitzko at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Apr 1 07:06:34 PDT 2010

Dear Chuck,
Takashi is right. There is no objection to use a GIF with a 200kV
Tecnai. 300kV are only used for thicker samples in a range up to 500nm
(depending on how crowded the cells are even less than that).
If you buy it via Gatan you can have a standalone version (separate PC
running Digital Micrograph and Filter Control communicating via a com-
link with the microscope PC). If you decide to have it fully embedded
in the Tecnai User Interface and running on only one PC, than you need
to buy this embedding from FEI additionally, or buy the whole setup
from FEI directly (in principle they have to upgrade your Tecnai
customer dongle with the proper licences, which will activate the
software).
Cheers
JP

Dr. Juergen M. Plitzko
Head TEM
Dept. of Molecular Structural Biology
Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18
D-82152 Martinsried (near Munich), Germany
Phone: 	+ 49 89 8578 2645
Fax:   	+ 49 89 8578 2641
Email: 	Plitzko at biochem.mpg.de