[3dem] converting large date set using em2em

michael michael at ImageScience.de
Wed Nov 11 09:40:17 PST 2009

Dear Zongli,

I created a large IMAGIC file containing more than 116000 images of size
128x128 (> 7 Gigabyte). I used em2em to convert this IMAGIC file into an
MRC file. The resulting MRC file has a correct size.

Jude Short from MRC/LMB kindly send me a MRC program to read MRC
headers. The print-out showed that all header values were set correctly:
image size, the number of images in the file, and other header values.
So em2em worked without any error.

As far as I understood you checked your MRC file using an EMAN tool. May
be you can check if this program has a problem with the large image size
or the large number of images.

Regards
Michael

===========