[3dem] SPIDER_MPI with SCREEN.

Qiu-Xing Jiang qiu-xing.jiang at UTsouthwestern.edu
Fri Jul 24 09:21:49 PDT 2009

Dear colleagues,
Recently I encountered a technical issue with spider_mpi in a linux
cluster when using detached screen console remotely. The cluster uses
PUB-SUB to manage nodes.  In a regular console, I can use mpirun to
start my jobs and everything works well. The limit is that I have to
stay connected. SCREEN is a solution to eliminate this limit. But when I
use SCREEN and request an assignment of nodes, and then pick up the same
console in a different login session,  mpirun can launch jobs in all
processors, but the processing does not produce any output. It appears
that the environment setting is not right. I am writing to find if any
of you ever encountered similar problems. Thanks in advance.

Qiu-Xing Jiang