[3dem] postdoc positions at the Life Sciences Institute / UMICH

Yiorgo Skiniotis skinioti at umich.edu
Mon Jan 26 13:48:46 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

please forward this message to anyone that might be interested.

Postdoctoral position(s) are available in the Skiniotis laboratory
within the Life Sciences Institute at the University of Michigan (www.lsi.umich.edu/facultyresearch/labs/skiniotis)
. Our research is mainly focused on the application of single-particle
cryoEM for the structural investigation of macromolecular assemblies.
Areas of interest include chromatin remodeling complexes and signaling
cell-surface receptors.

Our EM suite will soon include a FEI G2 Spirit  and a G2 F20 (both
with 4k x 4k CCD) for data collection, and a Morgnagni for specimen
screening. Our computation set-up includes several workstations and a
dedicated cluster.
In addition, the laboratory is fully equipped for molecular biology
and biochemical work.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. at the start of the appointment.
Experience in protein biochemistry and structural biology is highly
desirable. Interested individuals should send a single pdf file
including a cover letter, CV, and contact info for 3 references to skinioti at umich.edu
.

Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the
position(s) are filled.  The University of Michigan is an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversity.

Georgios Skiniotis, Ph.D.                          Life Sciences
Institute
Assistant Professor 				       Dept. of Biol. Chemistry
734-647-1532 (office)             		       University of Michigan

734-647-9702 (fax) 				       Room 6000, LSI
skinioti at umich.edu        			       210 Washtenaw Avenue
www.lsi.umich.edu 	                               Ann Arbor, MI
48109-2216