[3dem] Announcing a new (and final) version of EMAN1, EMAN 1.9

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Thu Feb 26 19:41:39 PST 2009

We are pleased to announce EMAN 1.9, which we expect to be the final
release of EMAN1. EMAN2 is, of course
also available, but we realize there are still many people relying on
EMAN1 for their daily
reconstruction work, and EMAN2 is still changing rapidly and
substantially different from EMAN1.

EMAN1.9 is fundamentally a bugfix release. There have been no major
changes other than support for the HDF5
file format used for interchange by EMAN2. Numerous bugs have been
fixed, and a number of minor improvements
have been made throughout the software.

Binaries are available for Linux, OSX and Windows. As before, for
EMAN1, Linux and OSX are fully supported,
Windows support is provided for the GUI programs and utility programs
only. I'd strongly recommend people
using any earlier version upgrade to this one. (EMAN2 supports Windows
fully, but there may be hardware
specific issues)

EMAN distributions, as well as the documentation Wiki can be found at:

http://blake.grid.bcm.edu/eman/

or through the NCMI website

http://ncmi.bcm.edu

cheers

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.      Those
who do
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging	           ARE
Baylor College of Medicine                                     The
converse
sludtke at bcm.edu  -or-  stevel at alumni.caltech.edu               also
applies
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/~stevel