[3dem] FEI software problems

Christos Savva csavva at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 29 08:26:42 PDT 2009

Like Terje said there is a setting in the Digital micrograph for using a pre-specimen shutter. In our case`we also had to change a connector from the GATAN controller box leading to the microscope electronics. Specifically we had to move one connection from port  X11 to port X10 that would enable the beam blanker. This may differ from your setup or it might be the same. We have an F20 with a GIF and ultrascan 1000 camera. But if no connection changes were made it might just be a software issue, maybe between the low dose software and FEI tomography.

Christos