[3dem] scanner problems

Sarah Butcher butcher at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Apr 22 06:15:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

we have a zeiss scanner, and unfortunately the upper glass was smashed
today, just as we have 500 negatives to scan urgently.. Can anybody help
with details of the glass composition if we try to get a replacement made
locally? Or do you have a glass that you are not using (and would like to
ship to us if we pay the costs). I suspect that the replacement from Zeiss
will be horrendously expensive and slow.

So the second part of my question is, as often see on this mailing list,
what is the current recommended best scanner to buy as a replacement?

If we get really desperate, anybody volunteer to have a visitor from our
lab to do some scanning, or to scan for us?

Thanks for your help,
Sarah

--
Prof. Sarah Butcher, Ph.D.
Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in Virus Research (2006-2011)
00014 University of Helsinki    email:  sarah.butcher at helsinki.fi
Finland