[3dem] Ubuntu

Valerio Mariani valerio.mariani at unibas.ch
Mon Sep 29 01:32:28 PDT 2008

Dear Andy,

              I run the packages you mention without any problem on most
Linux distribution including Ubuntu. Some of these packages distribute
most of the libraries they need together with the executable, so you
don't have to worry about dependencies too much. In any case Ubuntu has
a huge library repository, so it is very unlikely that you end up with
problems. The only thing that you might need to do is activate all the
four repository in the pacakge manager ("Main","Restricted","Universe"
and "Multiverse"). See how to do it on this wepage:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

If you have any problem, feel free to contact me for help

          Valerio

 > Dear All

 > I was wondering if any of us out there is using UBUNTU Linux OS for
their image processing work. Does the SOFTWARE