[3dem] IBM Laptops

Ben Eisenbraun bene at crystal.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 21 12:31:25 PST 2008

Hi,

> I was wondering if you can share your experience of installing and using
> LINUX (flavors - Ubuntu/ Fedora Core) along with common 3D reconstruction
> software packages like BSOFT, EMAN, SPIDER etc on an IBM ThinkPad /
> LENOVO notebooks.

IBM no longer makes laptops.  They're all Lenovo.

In any case, this is a good resource for Linux on Thinkpads:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

We have multiple versions of Bsoft, Eman, SPIDER, etc installed and
configured for Fedora and its derived distributions (Red Hat/CentOS).
Linux works well for these applications.

-ben

--
Ben Eisenbraun
Structural Biology Grid                           Harvard Medical School