[3dem] IBM Laptops

Anindito Sen emailanindito at yahoo.co.in
Fri Nov 21 11:37:51 PST 2008

Dear All
I was wondering if you can share your experience of installing and using LINUX (flavors - Ubuntu/ Fedora Core) along with common 3D reconstruction software packages like BSOFT, EMAN, SPIDER etc on an IBM ThinkPad / LENOVO notebooks.

Some of the PCs (which I donot remember at this moment) have issues with installation of LINUX on it.

Best
Andy

Dr. Anindito Sen (Ph.D) Research Associate , Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics University of Virginia Box 800733 Charlottesville, VA 22908