[3dem] Freezing hydrophobic grid

Shi, Dan (NIH/NCI) [C] shid at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 1 05:03:45 PDT 2008

Another way I learned to make hydrophobic carbon surface in Dr. Stokes
lab was to glow-discharge the grids with few ul of amylamine (the method
might be developed in 80s by Dr. Dubochet I don't remember exactly). But
I used this for holey carbon film and blotted from the back of the grids
to get thin ice evenly cover the carbon area. Good Luck,

Dan Shi