[3dem] Announcing the 4th semi-annual NCMI Workshop on Single Particle Reconstruction, Map Interpretation and Visualization

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Thu Jun 19 12:23:33 PDT 2008

http://ncmi.bcm.edu/ncmi/events/workshops/workshops_91

December 10-13, 2008

Texas Learning and Computation Center
University of Houston

Registration Deadline : October 1, 2008  (but some precedence may be
given to early registrants if we are oversubscribed, as usual)

This four day workshop will cover:

     * General scientific image processing background
     * Single particle processing (EMAN2)
     * Interpretation of intermediate resolution structures
     * Homology modeling and model building

This workshop will be the first formal introduction of EMAN2, and
single particle reconstruction tutorials will use this major new EMAN
release rather than EMAN1 as in previous workshops. We will also cover
additional software such as SPARX (Penczek), AIRS (Baker), Modeller
(Sali) and Gorgon (Baker). We have shifted the traditional time in
early spring to coordinate with workshops offered by NRAMM in
alternate years. As usual, the workshop will take place at the TLC^2
on the University of Houston campus, which offers a large computer
teaching classroom. The specific workshop dates were selected based on
availability of the venue, and we apologize if it overlaps with the
end of the academic term.

Introductory lectures on general image processing theory mixed with a
few selected research talks will be given each morning, followed by
practical sessions each afternoon. Tutorials will take place in the
computer teaching classroom, which can seat ~50 students with
individual PCs. Due to computer availability, registration will be
limited. Please provide information on the registration page
indicating some of your background and reasons for attending the
workshop. Acceptance emails will confirm registration once the
registration period closes.

The entire workshop is free of charge, including most meals, though
participants will be responsible for their own travel and lodging.
Some additional funds MAY be available for those needing additional
assistance, but at most we will be able to cover lodging expenses.
Please indicate requests for hotel funding on the registration page.
Also indicate whether you would be unable to attend without travel
assistance.

Please address any general questions about the workshop to sludtke at bcm.edu

cheers
Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging
Dept of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.
Baylor College of Medicine
sludtke at bcm.edu
stevel at alumni.caltech.edu