[3dem] phosphur thickness and CCD resolution

acheng at scripps.edu acheng at scripps.edu
Thu Apr 10 13:59:28 PDT 2008

Hi, there,

  Does anyone have any idea how much resolution loss we might get when
the CCD camera sensitivity is increased by about two-fold?

  We recently replace the CCD chip and the phosphur on top of our 4k Gatan
camera.  Gatan technician said that the phosphur is thicker, and we
observe that our camera sensitivity has gone up.  The question would be
whether this will affect the MTF or the usable resolution of our camera by
similar factor, worse or not as much.

  Thanks.

  Anchi