[3dem] what to do with RCA EMU-4?

Bob Grassucci bobg at wadsworth.org
Thu Sep 27 10:04:42 PDT 2007

Paula,
You might want to try the Microscopy society list server
http://www.microscopy.com/MicroscopyListserver
You might have some luck there.  I think there are some museums out
there looking for donated items.  If they do dispose of it they may want
to look out that the transformer does not contain PCB's and watch out
for the diffusion pump might be a mercury diffusion pump (Philips 300's
had them early on).  Good luck.
    Regards,
    Bob

Flicker, Paula (NIH/NIGMS) [E] wrote:
> A non-scientist colleague has purchased a house with an electron
> microscope in the basement.  She brought in the manual.  It is an RCA
> EMU-4 owned by a George Christov.
>
> Any ideas of someone who wants this machine and could come take it
> away?  Otherwise, instruction on how to properly dispose of it would
> be welcome.
>
> thank you,
> Paula
>

> Paula F. Flicker, Ph.D.
> Program Director, NIGMS
> Building 45, Room 2AS.13H
> 45 Center Drive MSC 6200
> Bethesda, MD 20892-6200
> 301-594-0828
> fax: 301-480-2004

********************************

-Robert Grassucci-
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Wadsworth Center Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12201-0509
bobg at wadsworth.org
Phone: (518)474-5821
Fax: (518)486-2191

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.