[3dem] CryoEM facility manager position at Caltech

Grant Jensen jensen at caltech.edu
Mon Oct 1 15:27:06 PDT 2007

Hi everyone:

I'm looking for a full-time electron cryomicroscopy facility manager and
research assistant to work with my group at Caltech in Pasadena, California.
The ideal facility manager would be involved in data collection, image
processing, supervision and training of students on the microscopes,
coordination of service visits, purchase of lab supplies, etc., but in the
increasingly automated environment of cryoEM today, strong capabilities in
scientific computing will also be required to help install, trouble-shoot,
and use various software packages for data collection and processing.
Individuals with programming and/or system administration experience will be
preferred.  We currently have two microscopes, a 120kV T12 and a 300 kV FEG
Polara with a "flip-flop" dual-axis cryorotation stage, an energy filter,
and an "UltraCAM" 4k x 4k lens-coupled CCD.  We have been doing tomography
of intact bacteria and HIV-1, as well as technology development and some
single particle analysis.  We need someone who is efficient, cooperative,
and well-organized.  There will be significant opportunities for job
expansion and leadership within the group as the talents of the individual
permit.  Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability, and the
start date is flexible.  Caltech and Pasadena are truly wonderful places to
do science and live. Applicants should send a note explaining their
interest, a CV, and letters of recommendation to me at jensen at caltech.edu as
soon as possible.

Cheers,

Grant

Grant Jensen
Assistant Professor of Biology
California Institute of Technology, Mail code 114-96
1200 E. California Blvd.
Pasadena, CA  91125

626-395-8827 (phone)
626-395-5730 (fax)
Jensen at caltech.edu
http://www.jensenlab.caltech.edu
office location: 359 Broad (northwest corner of campus)