[3dem] Zeiss SCAI/ ZI Photoscan discontinued

Bob Grassucci bob.grassucci at wadsworth.org
Thu Nov 15 06:32:51 PST 2007

Hi All,
I was just wanted to inform everyone what was told to me yesterday by a
technician from Intergraphics.   Zeiss/Intergraphics has stopped
producing and selling the high resolution film scanner that many of us
are still using to digitize our EM film (SCAI , Photoscan 2000).  They
installed their final one last week.  If you have one and are still
using it take care of it.  I am sure that as time goes on that support
for this discontinued device will disappear in the near future as well.
Many people are switching to CCD data collection but there are still
some who believe in the efficiency and resolving power of EM film.
Since there are many young investigators setting up labs for
macromolecular imaging it may be an appropriate time to survey the 3DEM
community as to the alternatives for digitization.  Thanks.
    Regards,
    Bob

--
********************************

-Robert Grassucci-
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Wadsworth Center Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12201-0509
bobg at wadsworth.org
Phone: (518)474-5821
Fax: (518)486-2191

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.