Postdoc: Membrane protein structure.

Ingeborg Schmidt-Krey ischmidt3 at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 19 06:36:44 PST 2007

Postdoctoral position(s):
Structural studies of membrane proteins by electron crystallography

A postdoctoral position in cryo-EM is available in the School of Biology at the
Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech).  We mainly focus on
two-dimensional crystallization and structure determination of eukaryotic
membrane proteins important in asthma and blood coagulation. Two-dimensional
crystals are available, and we are looking for a highly motivated individual
with a background in structural biology, biophysics, and/or membrane protein
biochemistry.

Georgia Tech has an exceptionally interdisciplinary atmosphere, with open and
frequent communication between departments.  It is located in central Atlanta
with the CDC and Emory University in the vicinity.

Interested candidates should send the following information to Ingeborg
Schmidt-Krey at Ingeborg.Krey at biology.gatech.edu:  a CV including a publication
list, and the names and contact information for 3 references as well as
reference letters.

--
Ingeborg Schmidt-Krey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor