[3DEM] Bsoft 1.4

Bernard Heymann bernard_heymann at nih.gov
Wed Sep 6 06:33:24 PDT 2006

**** Messages to this list are automatically archived ***
**** Please limit quoting of previous postings to the bare minimum ****

We are happy to announce that Bsoft 1.4 is available at:
http://www.niams.nih.gov/rcn/labbranch/lsbr/software/bsoft/

This release of Bsoft is described in the following paper:
J. Bernard Heymann. David M. Belnap. 2006. Bsoft: Image processing
and molecular modeling for electron microscopy. Journal of Structural
Biology (in press).

The major new addition to Bsoft is the capability to align and
reconstruct tomograms. More specifically, it was developed to handle
low-dose cryo-EM tilt series using colloidal gold particles as
fiducial markers. Many improvements have been made to the program
bshow to deal with alignment based on fiducial markers.

Numerous other improvements have been made - let me know if there are
questions about specific capabilities.

Bernard Heymann, Research Fellow
Rm 1515, 50 South Dr., MSC 8025, NIAMS, NIH
Bethesda MD 20892-8025
Tel. 301-451-8241, Fax. 301-480-7629