Interpolation of scanned images

Kasim Sader bmb9ks at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 10:33:28 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to reduce the resolution of my scanned images while
retaining the maximum signal possible.  Does anyone have advice on
which method would be best?  The SPIDER   manual suggests fourier
filtration (FQ) followed by decimation (DC- is this the same as a
nearest neighbor reduction?).  However, I have read a paper that used
2-fold binning of the scanned data- is the decimation with summation of
neighbouring pixels (DC S) operation the same as binning?  How do the
two methods of reduction compare?

Thanks,

Kasim Sader