[3DEM] RE: TEM film for sale

Luther, Pradeep K p.luther at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 04:17:12 PST 2005

**** Messages to this list are automatically archived ***
**** Please limit quoting of previous postings to the bare minimum ****

-----Original Message-----
From: kim findlay (JIC) [mailto:kim.findlay at bbsrc.ac.uk]
Sent: 29 November 2005 11:31
To: Luther, Pradeep K
Subject: TEM film for sale

Dear Pradeep,

	I know this film wasn't the right size for you but it's made me
think that I should try and see if anyone else could make use of it,
since it would be ashamed to just let it go to waste, so can I ask you
to do a favour for me please?  I would be very grateful if you wouldn't
mind posting this e-mail to everyone belonging to the RMS cryo
microscopy group, and any other contacts you think might be interested?
I have asked someone else to post it to the EMUS and SEMT distribution
list for me as well, so you might see this mail from one or two other
sources as well.

	I have any lot of spare TEM film which we no longer need and was
wondering if I could find anyone interested in buying it off us, cheaper
than you would buy it new from the catalogue...
   	We have 34, brand-new, unopened boxes (each containing 100
sheets of film) of Kodak Electron Image film, Estar Thick Base,
SO-163,6.5 x 9cm.  Agar Scientific Catalogue number 167 9273.
	They are coming close to the use by date (Dec 2005 and Jan
2006), but has been kept very cold so will be fine for a while yet; we
would have continued using them for another year at the very least, but
have a digital camera now so our film use has dropped away completely!
	I am willing to split it up into smaller batches if anyone wants
just a few boxes, and am willing to negotiate as regards the price. Just
let me know if you're at all interested and we will work something out.

	Many thanks indeed.

	Regards,
	Kim

Kim Findlay
Cell and Developmental Biology Department
John Innes Centre
Norwich
Norfolk
NR4 7UH