tecnai version 2.1.5

Koning, R.I. (MCB) R.I.Koning at lumc.nl
Wed Jun 29 00:46:24 PDT 2005

Dear all,

I am sorry to hear about your tip. Thia happening is always the biggest fear of a FEG user (after floodings and fires). I must say that we for safety reasons only open the FEG valve when we look at the specimen. In any other situation the lock is closed.

We experienced major problems and many bugs after upgrading our TECNAI FEG 20 software to version 2.1.5. The most important being not to be able to get the negatives exposed in low dose. It appeared that having the plate number counter and/or exposure number in the window of our TUI created major communication problems with the TEM server. This resulted in a multitude of (irreproducable) bugs and mistakes. Getting rid of the plate number counter and exposure number corrected for all of these problems.

Not related to this, it also appeared that the hardware button to close V7 (which I normally never use but for educational purposes did once) not only closed V7 but also shut down the HT. Something that a FEI engeneer experienced before.

With kind regards,

Roman

R.I.Koning (Roman) Ph.D.
Leiden University Medical Center