carbon coating on EMS 100 glow discharge unit

Lisa Craig licraig at sfu.ca
Wed Feb 23 09:43:10 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying an EMS 100 glow discharge apparatus and also a
carbon coater for TEM. I noticed that EMS sells a carbon coating
attachment. Has anyone out there had experience with this attachment.
Is the carbon coating of comparable quality to that of the Edwards E306
carbon evaporator?  I welcome any experience, opinions and advice.

Regards,

Lisa Craig

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa Craig
Assistant Professor
Simon Fraser University
Dept. of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
8888 University Dr.
Burnaby, BC
Canada, V5A 1S6

Office phone: 604-268-7140   Room B8272
Lab phone: 604-268-7141      Room SSB 7169
Fax: 604-291-5583