Post-doctoral position in cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous section.

Jacques Dubochet Jacques.Dubochet at unil.ch
Thu Aug 11 02:02:14 PDT 2005

Post-doctoral position in Lausanne.
Probably until August 2007.

Our lab has been instrumental in developping CEMOVIS (cryo-electron
microscopy of vitreous sections) which extends the advantage of thin
film vitrification to any cell and tissue [Al-Amoudi, A. et al. EMBO
J. 23, 3583 (2004)]. It is probably still the only place where
CEMOVIS is systematically explored and routinely applied but this
will not last very long since CEMOVIS is presently implemented in a
number of other places.
I will retire in ca 2 years. In the mean time, we can offer a post-
doctoral position to an experienced cryo-electron microscopist  who
would like to contribute to the development and application of the
emerging method. The position is immediately available. Salary is ca.
6kSFr/months.
Apply with CV, research records, motivations, references and
availability.

Prof. Jacques DUBOCHET
Laboratoire d'Analyse Ultrastructurale
Bâtiment de Biologe