Carbon evaporator

a.mitra at auckland.ac.nz a.mitra at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 12 20:22:35 PDT 2005

  Dear colleagues:

      We need to replace our old carbon evaporator and are deliberating on two
quotes:
       1) Cressington 208C, turbo pump equipped - specs say it goes to ~10-6
millibars

       2) EMITECH K950X - specs say it goes to ~10-5 millibar

We will appreciate your comments on the abovementioned products if you have
used them or know of products that you consider more reliable, better (vacuum)
and approximately in similar price range.

     Thanks in advance

      Alok K. Mitra
      Schl. of Biol. Sciences
      Univ. of Auckland