[3DEM] What's up with Quantifoil grids

Bill Tivol tivol at caltech.edu
Wed Jun 16 14:32:13 PDT 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 11:16 AM, Hernando Sosa wrote:

> It does look to me that the production of quantifoils is very spotty
> and may be prone to disappear altogether. Is there any alternative
> (other than making your own holey grids with randomly distributed
> holes).

Dear Hernando,
	We also have found frequent problems with availability, so we place
orders in such a way as to maintain a supply on hand; however, I don't
think Quantifoils will disappear altogether.  One alternative is to
evaporate carbon onto Nucleopore filters--Ken Downing has published on
this.
Yours,
Bill Tivol, PhD
EM Scientist and Manager